TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
for DTM Diesel & Petrol Injection Specialists Ltd
1. These term and conditions, are Intended to contain all the terms of the agreement between us (the Company) and you (the Customer) relating to the repair, servicing or other work to vehicles and/or the supply of goods, parts or other things to be supplied by the Company.
2. If we agree any variation In the Work to be done or Goods to be supplied, this shall be deemed to be an amendment to this Agreement rather than a new Agreement.
3. This Agreement Is made In England, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and shall be governed and construed In accordance with English law.
4. You warrant that you own the Vehicle or are duly authorised by the Owner to enter into this Agreement for the Work to be done on It on these terms.
5. An estimate Is our considered approximation of the likely cost of the Work and/or Goods, and Is valid for 14 days from when we send it to you or advise you.
6. Any estimate is based on the price for the Goods Involved at the time of the estimate. If the manufacturer or other supplier of the Goods changes the price after the date of the estimate, we will notify you of any consequent increase In the estimate. If the Increase will be more than ten per cent (10%) of the total estimate, you may give notice within 14 days cancelling this Agreement. If we do not receive notice of cancellation within this period, the estimate will be amended as proposed.
7. Unless otherwise agreed In writing, If It appears during progress of the Work that the estimate will be exceeded by more than ten per cent (10%) of the total, we will notify you and will not continue with the Work unless you expressly authorise us to do so.
8. If you have left the Vehicle with us for an estimate but have not accepted the estimate, or have refused It but have failed to collect the Vehicle, within 10 days of the date of the estimate or (if later) the date of cancellation, we may charge you, at our published rates In force at that time, for the storage of the Vehicle from the end of that period.
9. All estimates are exclusive of any applicable Value Added Tax.
10. We will use our best efforts to do Work or supply Goods within any time estimate we have given you, but will not be liable for delays due to any cause outside our control.
11. We shall be entitled to sub-contract all or any part of the Work, but will be responsible for the quality of the sub-contractors' work.
12. If for any reason we do not carry out the Work In full, we will charge you only for Goods actually supplied or fitted and a reasonable amount for any Work actually done.
13. We will notify you when the Work is completed and the "vehicle and/or the Goods are ready for collection and (unless you have a credit account with us, In which case you must comply with the Terms agreed in relation to the operation of such account) you must pay for the Work and/or Goods upon collection.
14. All payments must be made in cash or by a UK credit/debit card, unless we have agreed to accept a cheque, in which case the cheque must be drawn on a UK clearing bank and received not less than five banking days before you collect the Vehicle and/or Goods.
15. We are entitled to retain the Vehicle and/or Goods until you have paid for the Work and/or Goods In full.
16. If you fall to pay the full amount due and collect the Vehicle and/or Goods: Within 7 days of being notified that the Work is complete and/or that the Goods are ready for collection, we may charge you, at our published rates In force at that time, for the storage of the Vehicle from the end of that period;
within 3 months of being notified that the Work Is complete and/or that the Goods are ready for collection, we may (after giving you 7 days notice of our intention to do so If you have not paid the full amount due and collected the Vehicle and/or Goods before such notice expires) sell the Vehicle and/or Goods, deduct the amount owing to us (Including statutory Interest, storage charges and the costs of sale) and pay the balance to you.
17. Unless otherwise agreed In writing, the Goods will be deemed to have been delivered to you at our premises when you collect them. We will retain all parts replaced during any Work done, except for any to be returned under warranty or service exchange arrangements, until the vehicle is collected, and will be free to dispose of them as we see fit if you do not specifically ask for them when collecting the Vehicle.
18. The Goods will continue to belong to us until you have paid for them In full. You will, however, be responsible for any loss or damage from when they are delivered to you, and should insure accordingly. A cheque will not be treated as payment until It has been cleared.
19. We will carry out the Work with reasonable care and skill, and warrant It will remain free of defects In workmanship for a period of 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever occurs sooner, from the date the Work Is completed. However, this warranty will not apply If the Vehicle Is involved In an accident or If and to the extent that a defect Is caused or worsened by your (a) falling to inform us promptly of the defect and allowing us promptly to examine the Vehicle and endeavour to remedy the defect (b) misusing or neglecting the Vehicle or using or permitting It to be used for racing, rallying or Similar sports (c) failing to comply with Instructions from the manufacturer or from us concerning the treatment, maintenance and care of the Vehicle and/or Goods or to have It/them serviced In accordance with the manufacturer's instructions (d) fitting the Vehicle, or permitting It to be fitted, with parts or accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer or (e) altering the Vehicle and/or Goods, or permitting it/them to be altered, in any manner which has not been approved by the manufacturer.
19a Due to certain known vehicle faults with and not limited to Vauxhall Vivaro, Nissan Interstar, Renault Traffic, Honda accords and Mercedes Sprinters warranties are limited in respect of snapped/seized injectors removal.
19b DTM Ltd Disclaimer
Removing Seized Injectors
Whilst removing Seized diesel injectors from vehicles DTM will not be held libel for subsequent damage to injectors or engines during the removal of such injectors.
Whilst we take all possible steps to avoid injector or engine damage it still remains a small risk as rust, debris or injector parts can drop into the engine compartment causing damage, in some small amount of instances injector boars can be rusted through to the water jacket, this can not be foreseen, therefore DTM will not be held responsible for any of the above.
By agreeing for us to continue work on your vehicle you consent to the above disclaimer.
20. We will sell the Goods with the benefit of the manufacturer's or re-manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer's or re-manufacturer’s warranty is additional to your statutory rights, and Is not transferable to a third party. Remedial work under the manufacturer's warranty must be carried out by us.
The Manufacturer or Re-manufacturer is responsible for warranty decline or acceptance
Should acceptance of warranty or fault be admitted we will rectify at no additional costs, we will not accept any liability for consiquential costs or loss of earnings.
21. You must observe the Instructions for use, cautionary notices and other technical notices and Information we supply you with the Goods.
22. Except where you are acting as a consumer, and except for fraud or for death or personal injury resulting from our own negligence, we limit our liability for any breach of this Agreement to the amount you have paid for the Work and/or Goods and expressly exclude all liability for loss of profit, goodwill or contracts and for any Indirect, consequential or economic loss.
23. You should remove any items of value not related to the Vehicle as we will not accept any liability for loss or damage to these which is not caused by our own negligence.
24. We will accept the return of any Goods which you did not order specifically, provided that you return them, In the same condition as when supplied, within 5 working days of delivery, produce our original Invoice and pay (at the rate current on the date of return) our handling charges for returned Goods.
25. If this Agreement has been concluded without any face to face contact between us or anyone acting on our respective behalves, you may give notice cancelling this Agreement before we begin the Work or (as the case may be) within 7 days of taking delivery of the Goods, whereupon you must either return the Goods to us or make them available for us to collect at your expense.
You must take reasonable care of the Goods and will be responsible for any loss or damage from when they are delivered to you until when they are returned to us.
Same as above, we will not accept the return of any Goods which are not defective.
26. while we endeavour to diagnose faults correctly, consideration should be given that diagnoses is not an exact science, we can only read fault codes transmitted by your vehicle or pump as appropriate. Some faults can cause other issues or components to fail. We hold no responsibility should this be the case, but will endeavour to rectify any issues if they occur giving estimates as stated above.
27. Any notice given under this Agreement must be In writing and sent by post to the address of the person to whom it Is addressed as set out overleaf, and shall be deemed to have been received in due course of post.
28. Products re-supplied under warranty acceptance wil be warrantied for the the original warranty period only.